Western Nursery Teacher
EtonHouse Pre-School @ An Phu, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
We are looking for a dynamic and passionate Western Nursery Teacher, commencing on January 4, 2017.
The Nursery Teacher reports to the Principal of EtonHouse Pre-School@An Phu, Ho Chi Minh City (HCMC), Vietnam.
Job Role and Responsibilities
- Undertake the teaching of a class in accordance with the school’s teaching philosophy and curriculum of “ Inquire, Think, Learn”.
- Adopt a variety of appropriate teaching and caring methods to ensure high quality learning takes place.
- Plan and organise documents identifying specific learning objectives, differentiated tasks, evaluations and assessment in order to inform Parents and Principal.
- Maintain professional dialogue with colleagues concerning children, other teaching staff members and the school and treat all information with confidentiality.
- Take responsibility for all aspects of classroom management eg. care of equipment, resources well-labelled and accessible.
- Create an interesting and lively learning environment which promotes age-appropriate and independent learning.
- Keep records of classroom experiences for each child (Portfolios) and provide reports as necessary.
- Establish and build positive links with parents of children in your care.
- Bachelor degree in Early Childhood Education, or equivalent
- Relevant experience in a Pre-School / International School setting
- Self-motivated, responsible, takes initiative
- Interest in play- base, inquiry learning, preferably with experience
- Ability to teach Nursery age children in a multi-cultural Pre-School environment
Working and Living in Ho Chi Minh City
Living in Ho Chi Minh City is exciting and very accessible. There are many expatriate groups and the lifestyle is highly conducive to those teachers looking to begin or further their international careers in education.
The remuneration package is commensurate with relevant experience and qualifications in early childhood education, and is especially attractive given the affordable low cost of living in Vietnam. The package also includes a housing allowance, sick leave, medical insurance, end-of-contract bonus and annual economy class return home flights.
Please email a cover letter stating your suitability, with an updated resume and 3 professional referees’ details to the Principal, Ms Janine Gordon, at email email@example.com
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for initial interview via Skype.