Visual Arts Teacher
Job Description – Visual Arts Teacher
The Visual Arts Teacher position is a unique role. It explores deep connections between the children’s current inquiries and thinking and facilitates an opportunity for children to express their understandings through the symbolic languages of The Arts such as drawing, painting, clay, wire, collage.
Work collaboratively with children, teachers and the community of EtonHouse to develop a Visual Arts programme that supports and deepens the learning that is taking place through class initiated inquiries
- Work closely with the classroom teachers to connect directly with the class inquiries and be flexible and open to change and new ideas as they emerge in your work alongside the children
- Create a variety of opportunities for children to express themselves and make discoveries using the symbolic languages of The Arts such as drawing, painting, clay, wire, collage
- Meet weekly with the class teachers and PYP coordinator to discuss ideas and connections to the Units of Inquiry
- Maintain a high standard of teaching practice and professionalism
- Undertake continued professional development and share the scope of Visual Arts with the school community
- Document children’s learning making connections to The Arts Scope and Sequence of the PYP : eg: Portfolio entries, newsletters, community display boards
- Attend weekly planning and staff meetings
- Manage and develop pre-school resources and materials for Performing Arts programme
Who we are looking for
- Successful candidate who exhibit our Image of an Educator: Collaborative, Life-Long Learner, Open-Minded, Respectful, Passionate
- Diploma in Early Childhood Education/ Pre-School Teaching or its equivalent (preferred);
- Relevant qualifications in Arts or Visual Arts (preferred);
- Excellent verbal communication skills;
- Strong motivational skills;
- Possess extensive knowledge of Visual Arts;
- Minimum of one year or more teaching experience.
Interested candidates may forward their detailed CV with recent photograph to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating current location and availability date.
We regret that only shortlisted candidate will be notified.