EtonHouse Surabaya, Indonesia
Class Teacher, Surabaya
Reporting to the Principal, the Class Teacher will be responsible for delivering lessons to preschool children and facilitating small group experiences within an inquiry, play-based context in the school.
This position will be based in Surabaya, Indonesia.
Job Role & Responsibilities:
- Undertake the teaching of a class in accordance with the school’s agreed policies and guidelines.
- Use a variety of appropriate teaching methods to ensure high quality, inquiry-based learning occurs.
- Acknowledge and respond to each learner’s potential and provide differentiated tasks.
- Provide planning documents identifying specific learning objectives, special needs, extension and assessment, to the Principal or other authorized officer.
- Collaborate with Principal (or delegate) and staff in establishing and developing effective pupil assessment procedures, documentation and portfolios (e.g. observe students’ learning and keep appropriate records of achievement for each student in class; provide reports where necessary).
- Create authentic partnerships with families and the school community by building positive links between yourself and parents of student in your care.
- Commit to and participate actively in team development across the school.
- Develop and facilitate after school programs and events as and when required.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education from a recognized University with not less than 3 years of full-time study.
- At least 2-5 years of relevant professional teaching experience at pre-school levels.
- Knowledgeable of inquiry-based learning.
- Familiar with Reggio-Emilia inspired program
- Open to Singaporeans who are keen to relocate to Surabaya.
In your job application, please include cover letter and detailed CV with current and expected salary, a recent photograph and copies of qualifications and testimonials. Suitably qualified applicants are invited to email your job application documents in MS Word to firstname.lastname@example.org