Job Description – Mandarin Teacher
The Mandarin Teacher is responsible for taking care of a class of young children and facilitating small group experiences within an inquiry, play-based context in the school.
· Undertake the teaching of a class in accordance with the school’s agreed policies and guidelines
- Create meaningful language opportunities for children where a love for Mandarin can be promoted
- Identify specific learning objectives, differentiated tasks, special needs, extension and assessment for the children
- Use a variety of appropriate teaching methods to ensure high quality of inquiry, play-based learning for the children
- Document children’s learning through contributions towards newsletters, class panels and children’s portfolios
- Responsible for all aspects of classroom management, which will include safety and hygiene of the children and resources of the centre
- Work closely with other teaching staff in the class in carrying out the duties
- Build and maintain close partnership with parents
Who we are looking for
· Successful candidate who exhibit our Image of an Educator: Collaborative, Life-Long Learner, Open-Minded, Respectful, Passionate
· At least Diploma in Early Childhood Care & Education in Teaching (Chinese) or its equivalent
· Certified by ECDA at L2 category
· At least 2 years of relevant working experience in pre-school or childcare setting is required
· Knowledge of or willingness to acquire knowledge of inquiry based learning is required
Interested candidates may forward their detailed CV with recent photograph to email@example.com, stating current location and availability date.
We regret that only shortlisted candidate will be notified.