EtonHouse Hong Kong
The Class Teacher reports to the Principal of the school and this position is based in Hong Kong.
Job Role & Responsibilities:
- Undertake the teaching of a class in accordance with the school’s agreed policies and guidelines.
- Use a variety of appropriate teaching methods to ensure high quality, inquiry-based learning occurs.
- Acknowledge and respond to each learner’s potential and provide differentiated tasks.
- Provide planning documents identifying specific learning objectives, special needs, extension and assessment, to the Principal or other authorized officer.
- Collaborate with Principal (or delegate) and staff in establishing and developing effective pupil assessment procedures, documentation and portfolios (e.g. observe students’ learning and keep appropriate records of achievement for each student in class; provide reports where necessary).
- Create authentic partnerships with families and the school community by building positive links between yourself and parents of student in your care.
- Commit to and participate actively in team development across the school.
- Develop and facilitate after school programs and events as and when required.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education from a recognized University with not less than 3 years of full-time study.
- A Teacher’s Certificate, Diploma or other Teacher Accreditation courses and certificates are required if the applicant’s Degree is not in Education.
- At least 2-5 years of relevant professional teaching experience at pre-school levels.
- International working experience, especially in Asia, is highly regarded.
- Knowledgeable of inquiry-based learning.
- Must be fluent English speaker.
- Meet the eligibility requirements for registration with the Education Bureau in Hong Kong.
We offer a competitive remuneration package plus benefits to the right candidate.
In your job application, please include cover letter and detailed CV with current and expected salary, a recent photograph and copies of qualifications and testimonials. Suitably qualified applicants are invited to email your job application documents in MS Word to email@example.com
On appointment original copies must be provided for verification.
Personal data will be used for recruitment purpose only