Class Teacher, Early or Primary Years, International Pre-School
Job Description – Class Teacher, Early Years or Primary Years, International Pre-School
The Class Teacher is responsible to the School Principal in the execution of professional duties and responsibilities:
- Develop and execute the preparation, planning and delivery of child-centered learning activities for the child in the class
- Use a variety of appropriate teaching and caring methods to ensure high quality learning takes place
- Provide planning documents identifying specific learning objectives, differentiated tasks, special needs, extension and assessment, to the Principal or other authorized officer
- Being a facilitator in the classroom and taking an interactive role with children. Encourage children to take pride in their own environment and show respect and concern for others, to the benefit of the school as a caring community
- Be responsible for all aspects of classroom management e.g care of equipment with resources well-labelled and accessible. Maintain a tidy, well organised room
- Create an interesting and lively classroom which promotes independent learning
- Collaborate with Principal and colleagues in establishing and developing effective pupil assessment procedures and moderation portfolios. Keep appropriate records of achievement for each child in class and provide reports as necessary
- Build positive links between yourself and parents of children in your care. Coordinating parent meetings where appropriate to review children’s progress
- Guide, motivate and monitor classroom helpers in carrying out their tasks.
Who we are looking for
- Successful candidate who exhibit our Image of an Educator: Collaborative, Life-Long Learner, Open-Minded, Respectful, Passionate
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in Early Childhood and/or Education from a recognised institution, involving not less than 3 years full time study
- Teacher Certificate, Diploma or other Teacher Accreditation courses and certification are required if the applicant’s degree is not in Education
- For Early Years Teacher: at least 2 to 5 years of relevant teaching experience in the early childhood setting
- For Primary Years Teacher: at least 2 to 5 years of relevant teaching experience in the primary years setting. Knowledge of IB PYP course and training is essential
- Knowledge of or willingness to acquire knowledge of inquiry based learning is required
- International experience, especially in Asia, is highly valued
Interested candidates may forward their detailed CV with recent photograph to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating current location and availability date.
We regret that only shortlisted candidate will be notified.