Job Description – Chef
Reporting to the Executive Chef and the School Principal, the Chef is responsible to work closely with the Kitchen Team. This position will be responsible for maintaining a high standard of cleanliness in the kitchen and to be responsible for the preparation and cooking of a well-balanced and nutritious children’s menu for morning snacks, lunch and afternoon snack.
The duties and responsibilities include:
- Lead the team of kitchen cooks and helpers in ensuring the smooth operations and maintenance of the kitchen
- Strong knowledge of Western and Chinese food; require simple baking and local food cooking method.
- Experience in management of Kitchen Staff and able to communicate well.
- Able to give guidance and motivation to the kitchen team to perform.
- Overall in charge of the planning of menu which includes purchases and cost control.
- Emphasize utmost important of hygiene and cleanliness of premises at all times.
Who we are looking for
- Candidate must possess at least a Professional Certificate/NiTEC, Food & Beverage Services Management or equivalent.
- Must have at least 5 years of relevant cooking experience, preferably in pre-school or childcare setting
- Experience in a similar role is preferred
- Candidates with prior experience in a catering/F&B environment will be an added advantage
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Interested candidates may forward their detailed CV with recent photograph to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating current location and availability date.
We regret that only shortlisted candidate will be notified.