Learning takes place at the most rapid pace in the first year of a child’s life. The playgroup class, Stay & Play, at EtonHouse from 9 months and above offers our young learners abundant opportunities to explore and investigate within a purposefully planned, safe and stimulating environment. This is also the time where adults and children develop deep relationships that lay the foundation for success. Our Playgroup programmes are therefore for both adults and children and focus on developing their relationships and building connections with other adults and children.
In the Stay & Play programme:
- Children learn through active engagement with a range of materials that offer multiple opportunities. Learning experiences are thoughtfully planned and delivered taking into account children’s interest and developmental needs.
- Sensory explorations play a significant role in the Playgroup programme. Children use their sense of touch, sight, smell, hearing and, on occasion, taste as they engage with a range of materials including paint, water, sand, clay, fabric and so on.
- Individual and group learning experiences are intentionally planned to promote social interactions through shared learning spaces and resources. Space and time is also provided to enable children to investigate alone.
- As they become more familiar with the environment, children are offered opportunities to build their confidence and make decisions for themselves. With stronger connections with the materials and experiences, children develop their concentration and attention spans.
- The ages of six months to 24 months see significant development in children’s mobility. Learning experiences are designed to encourage the development of motor skills and control, and encourage children to crawl, stand, walk, run, jump, etc.
- Dual language communication in Chinese and English in a meaningful way within their play and routine tasks (such as snack, Music sessions, Circle Times, etc) builds relevance and interest in both languages, thus laying a strong bilingual foundation.
Read our blog for 5 Reasons to join a playgroup programme.
*Subject to vacancies available
*A minimum number of sign ups is required in order to start a class.